Consultation with Children and Young People with SEND
Teachers/SENCO and Support Staff will work with children and young people to identify the support needed to meet agreed outcomes. The provision is planned and interventions are allocated to individual needs. Observations of children are taken into account to assess their well- being and engagement with the outcomes, as they are usually too young to express their opinion verbally.
Consultation with parents and carers of children and young people with SEND
We are committed to working with parents and carers to identify their child’s needs and support. Parents and carers will be involved throughout the process.
There is a range of ways this can be done, for example:
- Termly parents/ carers feedbacks;
- Ongoing discussions with a keyworker and/or SENCO;
- An ‘open-door’ policy, where parents and carers are welcome to come into nursery to discuss any concerns they may have;
- Through regular reviews of their child’s SEN Support Plan/ EHC Plan;
- Through parental workshops and open days;
- Asking for Parent views at meetings and in questionnaires.
- Through daily diaries