Coronavirus information and updates
As we continue to receive more school guidance and information on the Coronavirus, we have created this dedicated area of the school website to keep you up to date.
Information on testing and self isolation is changing regularly. Please call the school office on 0191 527 1168 for the most recent information on what to do if your child is unwell or tests positive. Please email email@example.com during holiday periods and weekends for advice and support around self isolation. (JANUARY 2022)
Director of Public Health Message 23.10.20 – what to do if your child tests positive in the half term school break in October 2020.
Remote learning from home
We are using the online platform Seesaw to provide home learning activities. Please click here to access more information on remote learning. All nursery children have received a supply of creative resource to support with activities at home (December 2020 and December 2021).
Weekly Home Learning Newsletters filled with lots of fun activities differentiated by colour groups were provided during Spring and Summer term 2020.
Helping your child to understand
We know some children may be anxious about going to school throughout the pandemic. This is a story about recognising and support children who may worry. It is ok for children to be a little apprehensive, we are here to help them through this and support them by talking about what is upsetting them in a sensitive way.
A short story for young children to support their understanding of staying at home during the coronavirus pandemic
A short video clip to help explain coronavirus/COVID-19 to children
While We Can’t Hug
A short story for young children about social distancing
Links to online support and information
- Gov.uk/Covid 19 Staying Safe Online
- Support with Mental Health
- Online Activities
- DFE Guidance on opening schools
- Helping children aged 2-4 to learn at home during coronavirus
- Online Library Services from Durham County Council including a link to the Durham YouTube channel for story time
- Durham Music Service Early Years music sessions
Downloads and leaflets
- Advice for pupils or a member of their household displaying symptoms of coronavirus
- Help with hygiene
- Adhere to staying alert and social distancing guidance when away from school
- Removing face coverings when entering the school building
- Information for Parents Carers when collecting a child from school with COVID-19 symptoms
- Looking After Yourself – Looking after your children
- Helping children under 5 through the coronavirus
- Tips for parents to support children in returning to nursery
Letters for parents
- Positive case in nursery 8th February 2021.
- Update to parents 14th Jan 2021
- Update letter to parents Monday 4th Jan 2021 and VULNERABLE CHILDREN and KEY WORKER QUESTIONS 4th Jan 2021
- Jan 3rd update letter to parents to inform the school is updating risk assessments to decide how to continue education safely.
- 3-4s parent letter – CONTACT with confirmed case letter posted 20th October for all parents with children in Green, Orange, Purple and Yellow teddy groups.
- Blue Teddy 2s – parents letter NOT CONTACTS of confirmed case letter posted 20th October for all parents with children in the Blue teddy group for 2year olds.
- Can I send my child to school_ Information for parents and carers highlighting what to do if…during the coronavirus outbreak (added 22/09/20)
Rosemary Lane Nursery School Risk Assessment for COVID-19
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.