Coronavirus information and updates
As we continue to receive more school guidance and information on the Coronavirus, we have created this dedicated area of the school website to keep you up to date.
Weekly Home Learning Newsletters
Our Weekly Home Learning Newsletters are filled with lots of fun activities differentiated by colour groups.
Links to online support and information
- Gov.uk/Covid 19 Staying Safe Online
- Support with Mental Health
- Online Activities
- DFE Guidance on opening schools
- Helping children aged 2-4 to learn at home during coronavirus
- Online Library Services from Durham County Council including a link to the Durham YouTube channel for story time
- Durham Music Service Early Years music sessions
Letters for parents
Rosemary Lane Governors would like to say an enormous thank you to each and everyone of you for your ongoing patience and understanding during these challenging times. Mrs Jones and her team have worked hard and maintained keeping the nursery open for the children of key workers, which has been very successful. Mrs Jones and her team have our full support as they endeavour to follow government COVID-19 guidance and social distancing rules in planning to support children’s safe return to nursery.From the Governing Body of Rosemary Lane Nursery School
Letter to parents with arrangements for Sept 2020 posted 15th July 2020
Update 6th July 2020
We hope you have all enjoyed receiving a special delivery from Nursery. Thank you for all the lovely photographs you have been sending, we are going to print them all off and create a memory book to keep in school.
For your information : nursery will only be open to staff next week. We will be cleaning everything again and preparing the environment for all children returning in September. It has been a long wait and we are so excited to be able to admit all the children once more. We know there will be challenges in September but we will be able to face those together.
Parents with children returning to school: You will receive more information about transition, stay and play dates and start dates on or before 17th July 2020. If you have any enquiries please telephone 0191 527 1168.
Update letter for parents – nursery has reached capacity with requests for key worker children and vulnerable children childcare. We are unable to welcome back more children under the current COVID-19 guidelines, posted 10th June 2020
Durham County Council update their position on school reopening posted 27th May 2020
Update for parents on the possible reopening of nursery posted 21st May 2020
Message to parents on wider opening of school posted 15th May 2020
Downloads and leaflets
- Advice for pupils or a member of their household displaying symptoms of coronavirus
- Help with hygiene
- Adhere to staying alert and social distancing guidance when away from school
- Removing face coverings when entering the school building
- Information for Parents Carers when collecting a child from school with COVID-19 symptoms
- Looking After Yourself – Looking after your children
- Helping children under 5 through the coronavirus
- Tips for parents to support children in returning to nursery
Helping your child to understand
A short story for young children to support their understanding of staying at home during the coronavirus pandemic
A short video clip to help explain coronavirus/COVID-19 to children
Rosemary Lane Nursery School Risk Assessment for COVID-19
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.