At Rosemary Lane Nursery, we strive to create a happy atmosphere, where learning for all children is fun. Children are challenged to reach their full potential by developing their creative thinking and being encouraged to follow their own interests and enthusiasms; alongside informed, caring staff, who work in partnership with parents, encouraging them to take an active part in their child’s learning.
In an imaginative and holistic environment, children become independent, confident, caring and responsible learners, who are prepared and motivated to face future challenges.
Each child’s individual needs are met, in an atmosphere that celebrates diversity; where everyone is included and where everyone matters.
- To have fun and learn together through through creative thinking and imagination in challenges and the environment.
- To create a safe, secure, stimulating and purposeful environment where children are motivated, challenged and inspired to learn.
- To create an environment where children can express choices, make decisions and grow in independence.
- To foster a supportive, positive atmosphere where there is mutual respect between children, families, nursery and the community.
- To be responsive to individual needs and interests in learning through continuous observation and assessment.
- To work alongside parents and extended families, to fully develop every opportunity for every child to develop their full potential, meeting the changing needs of children and their families.
- To celebrate diversity and be fully inclusive in everything we do.
- To encourage children to develop in confidence, self esteem, co-operation and to be respectful of others and their needs.
- To value and develop children’s curiosity and creative thinking, giving them time to develop ideas and celebrating their learning.
- To create a carefully structured exciting, imaginative curriculum which allows children to develop their own interests and enthusiasms within the ” themes”, “principles” and “practice” of the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework.
- To nurture and develop the Characteristics of Effective Learning for all children : “playing and exploring”, “active learning” and “creating and critical thinking”.